||Senior Cash-Based Interventions Assistant
||Ciudad de Mexico
The position is supervised by the CBI Officer who provides the incumbent with general guidance and workplans. The incumbent works quite independently with an oversight from the supervisor and the CBI Associate in the team.
Internal contacts are colleagues from all offices of the operation to exchange information and to discuss the disbursements, work plans. External contacts are with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
- The Office has reliable and up-to-date data on persons of concern.
- Standard and ad-hoc reports are produced. Trends and patterns of data are analyzed and interpreted.
- Manage the use, maintenance and technical support of databases used in the cash-based interventions.
- Generate statistical reports based on the standard reporting formats and ad-hoc reports, charts and tables as required by the management.
- Prepare and administer accurate lists of beneficiaries for the regular assistance through bank ATM/IRIS system in line with the procedures established by the office.
- Assist in developing and administering UNHCR Regular Cash based Intervention database.
- Assist in the monthly reconciliation and refund process for the cash assistance project.
- Assist in preparing detailed reports and breakdown of the cash assistance provided to the refugees.
- Cross-check databases to ensure that all beneficiaries are active cases.
- Keep cash lists updated and free of duplications and ensure delivery of cash assistance to beneficiaries in a timely manner.
- Maintain relationships with partners to facilitate the flow of information between databases,
- Assist with the training of internal staff and partners on how to use the database,
- Execute best practice in data protection standards and help to positively influence others,
- Troubleshoot issues with the database and work with internal teams to provide technical fixes,
- Inform and act on the reports and messages that are received from various units on different vulnerable cases in respect to financial assistance.
- Support in the co-ordination with different IPs, Ops and focal points on lists of beneficiaries reflecting situation of cash assistance.
- Undertake missions and field visits to support changes/capacitation in the field of CBI
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
- Participate on behalf of UNHCR at the cash-assistance related meetings.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and partners.
- Develop improvements to the database and related workflows.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
|Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of secondary education with certificate/training in Information Technology & Database Management, Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of previous data management experience, preferable in CBI and/or humanitarian assistance context.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software and database applications.
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
|Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Knowledge of UNHCR programmes and activities.
- Experience in cash-based interventions, particularly in a refugee response context.
- Working experience with KOBO and/or other data collection tools
- University level course in Computer Science or related fields with components related directly to data management.
- Working experience with statistical software such as R, Python, Stata etc.
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing