The Supply Assistant provides support to all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing & procurement, transport, shipping, customs clearance, warehousing, assets & fleet management and monitoring within the area of responsibility (AoR).
The incumbent is supervised by a higher-level supply position and receives regular guidance and instructions from the supervisor on successive steps. S/he works independently on routine tasks while follows instructions of the supervisor on more complex issues. The incumbent may have contacts on a working level on specific issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate performing the supply function. The duty of the incumbent is to support the management of material resources within the geographical area covered while exercising efficiency in the use of those resources.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- In compliance with supply chain rules and procedures, support the related supply activities to facilitate UNHCR end to end processes resulting in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to persons of concern.
- Support warehouse management, assist the process of the custom clearance of consignments, draft exemption requests, assist with goods & services deliveries and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
- Assist in maintaining accurate and comprehensive records on supply activities and provide reports and updates periodically, and on request.
- Assist in the preparation of purchase requests.
- Prepare quotation requests and tenders, produce bid-tabulations from tenders, and prepare purchase orders for approval as per instructions of senior Supply staff or other line managers.
- Dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services.
- Produce standard asset management reports and other asset information, periodically and when requested.
- Identify and assess vendors based on their capability for delivering commodities and services. Maintain vendor and item master databases.
- Maintain accurate data in all relevant business systems. Compile statistical information on supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
In the Regional Bureaux:
- Track global Supply KPIs for the region and assist in preparation of regional ones, as required.
- Monitor all periodic Supply exercises such as monthly reconciliations, quarterly physical inventory exercises, and year-end accounts closure procedures and provide relevant reports to senior managers.
- Assist Country Operations in MSRP management.
In the Country Operations:
- Ensure local liaison to effectively support the supply activities.
- Assist in the management of the storage of goods according to "best practices" and UNHCR rules and regulations;
- Assist in managing Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) effectively according to UNHCR rules and regulation including registration and marking of new PPE, physical verification of PPE, preparation of agreements and disposal forms (including submissions to LAMB/AMB), and assistance with disposal of PPE.
- Perform other related duties as required.