||Ciudad de Mexico
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) office was established on December 14, 1950 by the General Assembly of the United Nations. The Agency is mandated to direct and coordinate actions to protect people in refugee status and solve refugee problems. Its main purpose is to safeguard the rights and welfare of refugees. It also has a mandate to help stateless people. For more information on UNHCR, its mandate and operations please visit http://www.unhcr.org.
The Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) unit has as part of its responsibilities to raise funds through individual and corporate donations from foundations, individual and major donors.
One of our key priorities is to accelerate the Private Partnerships and Philanthropy (PPH) program as there is significant opportunity to raise more funds from foundations, corporations and major donors in Mexico. To achieve this goal, PSP is hiring a PPH Associate reporting directly to the Assistant PSP Officer (New Business) in Mexico, we are seeking a dynamic, proactive and creative team player who will be responsible for setting up and managing a robust backend for the acquisition, cultivation and stewardship of corporate groups, foundations and high net-worth individuals (HNWI) against an ambitious target.
The PPH Associate will closely work with the Assistant PPH Officer (New Business), with all the fundraising team, as well as with the Global and Regional PSP, UNHCR Mexico Country Office and field office teams and with the Representative. This position is key for the development of private sector fundraising for UNHCR in Mexico.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Purpose and Scope Assignment:
Work with the Assistant PPH Officer (New Business) to support PPH fundraising activities:
- Support the PPH area in order to meet the fundraising targets.
- Produce engaging acquisition materials that will be used to prospect news donors
- Elaborate donor proposals.
- Support in the creation and deployment of fundraising products (e.g. match giving for corporates, employee giving mechanism, etc.)
- Identified funding opportunities in a constant basis.
- Manage internal reports
- Help in producing donor reports (i.e. annual reports, project-specific reports, etc.)
- Conduct prospect research in order to regularly grow the prospect pipeline
- Support in defining individual goals for each prospect account based on history of giving and knowledge of prospect´s potential.
- Perform due diligence of prospect donors.
- Support in develop and implementation of a cultivation plan, produce cultivation materials, implement cultivation cycles.
- Manage benefits grid and ensure benefits are duly delivered to donors.
- Set up moves management and keep donor database regularly updated.
- Book prospection, cultivation and stewardship meetings.
- Lead the organization of fundraising, stewardship and cultivation events.
- Manage donor contracts according to UNHCR’s standard operating processes.
- Other fundraising activities are required
- Support in the elaboration of an achievable high-level vision and overall direction for the program.
- Support in developing corresponding mid and long-term plans that align with the overall PPH strategy.
Fundraising Management and Execution:
- Identify synergies and opportunities with other UNHCR teams, aligning planning and communication where there are intersection of duties.
- Manage relationship with vendors and consultants who support PPH efforts.
- Coach and mentor direct reports so they can grow and serve as capable and confident contributors.
- Create an environment of respect, accountability, motivation and productivity.
- Work with the Assistant PPH Officer (New Business) to set annual income and expenditure budgets.
- Manage and monitor budgets to achieve annual targets.
- Other duties as specified
- National and International travel may be required
- Attend networking events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
|Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
Completion of Secondary education with post-secondary training/certificate in Marketing, Business Administration, Economics, International Relations, Journalism, Communications, Political Science, or related field.
|Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Experience with donor file upgrade and middle/major donor programs
- Fundraising experience
- UN experience
- Use of the customer relationship management database (Salesforce)
- A network of corporate contacts in Mexico
- Experience in sales or with fundraising from corporations and other private sector donors or fundraising backend.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding appreciation of diversity and social inclusion
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task at an intermediate level with strong attention to detail
- Comfortable dealing with stress and handle pressure
- Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills as a team player
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of donor information
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Spanish
- Customer service oriented
- Capacity to analyze data
- Data and results -driven
- Creatively seeks solutions
- Interest in the humanitarian activities or international organizations