||Fundraising Database Senior Assistant
||Ciudad de Mexico
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Refugee (UNHCR) is the world’s leading organization in helping and protecting the millions of people forced to flee their homes because of violence, conflict and persecution.
UNHCR Mexico office is part of a global network that works in 126 countries, protecting over 60 million people. We were founded in 1950 as part of the United Nations effort to help people displaced by World War II. Since then we have been on the ground helping over 50 million people forced to leave their homes and have even received two Nobel Prizes for our work.
We are passionate about the Organizations mandate. We thrive on excellence, integrity and respect for diversity. Our culture is dynamic, results-oriented and focused on change, ready to tackle the latest global humanitarian crisis. You will be part of a growing team that—due to a significant revitalization process—is set for transformational growth. We need someone who is not only ready to jump in dynamic journey, but has the skills, energy and creativity to help shape what comes next.
Reporting directly to the Associate PSP Officer (Mexico), the Fundraising Database (FDB) Assistant will provide regular maintenance and support of the leads as well as new and existing donors file, manage donor payments, maintain data integrity, analyze data collection and provide support for all fundraising channels. In detail, the FDB Assistant will:
Salesforce and reports
- The FDB will be responsible to ensure that all salesforce new integrations are done.
- Follow up with different vendors when necessary.
- Participate in webinars, calls and collaborate with the salesforce global team to visualize opportunities in local instance.
- The FDB Assistant will, as necessary, document policies and procedures and prepare training materials relevant to the database systems.
- Create reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually).
- The FDB Assistance will create new and/or amend existing reports and dashboards required for analysis and segmentation purposes.
- The FDB Assistant will periodically, and as necessary, create KPI´s reports on (IG) programs for the PSP Officer in Mexico and the Senior PSP Officer (Americas).
- The FDB Assistant will work with the PSP team to complete the monthly Earmarking Table.
- Provide support to local users
- The FDB Assistant will act as a first line of support for database users in the UNHCR Mexico Office, maintaining a support log and resolutions database to provide solutions to users experiencing any difficulties with the system or requesting assistance and if necessary escalating issues up to the rest of the team and/or to HQ support.
Undertake regular data maintenance tasks
- The FDB Assistant will have primarily responsibility on performing regular data administration, tasks include updating the master database with new donor details and undertaking updates as required.
Process donations on a timely manner
- The FDB Assistant will review completed donor information as provided by the different acquisition channels and tools. The FDB Assistant, will also check all incomplete donor information, segmenting it for follow up by the appropriate channel.
- In the case of first-time donors, the FDB Assistant will work closely with the acquisition team to ensure processing the first regular payment.
- The FDB will be responsible for all the collection of monthly donations. The selected person will be sending a daily collection layout to the banks, updating bank response files on salesforce and scheduling the next collection period.
Communication with other teams
- The FDB Assistant will work closely with the acquisition and donor development team in order to provide all the fundraising relevant data that vendors need to adjust, measure KPIs and improve implementation.
- The FDB Assistant will provide support and input during the requirements gathering, system design, development and rollout phases of any additional integration, as well as providing support and training to local users on an operational basis.
- Other administrative tasks
- The FDB Assistant will perform the income/bank reconciliation with support from Admin Associate.
- The FDB Assistant will follow-up on all bank notifications and requests related to individual donors.
- Database and infrastructure budget control.
- Follow up with vendors when necessary.
- With support of Admin Associate, the FDB Assistant will gather necessary information from UNHCR vendor banks to provide response to common issues related with collection products and other issues.
- The FDB Assistant will ensure confidentiality of information and secure database.
- Complete other tasks as needed.
- Follow UNHCR procedures and policies.
- Meet payment and collection objectives
- Undertake data maintenance and payment processing
- Provide training and documentation.
- Create and maintain, as necessary reports and dashboards.
- Ensure salesforce integrations when needed.
|Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
a. Education (Level and area of required and/or preferred education)
- Completion of Secondary Education with certification/training in database management, information system management, computer science or other related discipline is desired
- Graduate or Diploma in computer science. A University degree is preferred;
b. Work Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in database management, in a donor/client-based environment.
- CRM platform/ systems experience a highly desirable asset (preferably Salesforce)
- Previous fundraising experience on data entry with the UN or NGOs in Mexico is an asset.
|Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office applications and in particular Microsoft Excel, Access and Managing database)
- Good communication skills and ability to liaise with partners for simple information
- Good organization skills and attention to details.
- Previous experience of developing database in both Spanish and English language would be an asset.
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish (written and oral)
- Experience with MS Excel is required.
- Knowledge on fundraising programs desirable
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work confidently under pressure to deadlines.
- Maintains a positive attitude – is outgoing and cheerful with donor interactions.
- Ability to work with confidential information with discretion.
- Data analysis
- Drive for Results
- Leaning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing